[oletrucks] Late '30s GMC and '41 Chevy Truck Magazine ads F/S

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Late '30s GMC and '41 Chevy Truck Magazine ads F/S
From: Vince Strazzabosco <vstrazzabosco@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 01:08:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hi there,

I've scrounged up a few more items at a local flea
market that might be of some interest to some ole
truckers......

1) "The Right Trucks For All Trades" NEW 1941
Chevrolet Trucks ad.  "Out-Pull, Out-Value, Out-Sell"
National Truck Week December 2-7....   Interesting old
black and white ad, 14" high by 10" wide, with a
close-up illustration of the front geille/headlights
of a Chevrolet truck.  Probably one of the last ads to
appear for a while due to WWII.  Slightly yellowed,
but already in a bag with a sheet of cardboard, so in
pretty good shape.  $10 or best offer, shipping
included.

2) "Boiling down the value-story to facts" "This week
make a real work-test"  "Buick-powered heavy-duty
model".  Red and black on white, with good
illustration of a squarish-bodied moving van and lots
of copy about General Motors Truck Values.  Appeared
in Saturday Evening Post, June 15, 1929, 14" high,
10.5 "wide.  Slight yellowing, some small tears on
sides, but all there and a nice looking old ad.  $15
or best offer, shipping included.

3) "Everywhere you look-In Every Business, you'll find
GMCs".  Mostly pictorial, black and white ad with
pictures of: Dump truck dumping load, Trucking company
truck with trailer being loaded, Snub nose delivery
truck being loaded, Snub nose flatbed truck being
loaded with hay, and specially bodied "Texaco" tanker
truck refueling large aircraft.  Appeared in Saturday
Evening Post June 11, 1938, 10.5" wide, 14" high.  Has
good and interesting pictures of light-duty trucks
that we sadly don't get to see anymore.  Slightly
yellowed, but already in a bag with a sheet of
cardboard, so in pretty good shape.  $15 or best
offer, shipping included.

4)  "By Road and By Rail. the Trend is to DIESEL"
Color 1948 GMC Trucks/GMC Coach ad touting the
benefits of diesel locomotives, coaches (buses) and
trucks with color illustrations of locomotive,
Greyhound bus, inner-city bus, and great shot of
yellow/red heavy-duty over-the-road truck with
trailer.  Love the vintage 1940s paint schemes!  10.5"
wide, 14" high. No visible yellowing, but already in a
bag with a sheet of cardboard, so in pretty good
shape.  $20 or best offer, shipping included.

If you're interested in these cool old ads, let me
know.  If my prices are too high, please let me know.
If they're too cheap, let me know. I'd love to know
that these old ads are gracing some ole trucker's
garage, or maybe helping out with a restoration
somewhere.

Even worse, though is that I also have a bunch of
similar FORD ads too...

I'm in Pacifica, CA, near San Francisco.

Thanks,

vince
vstrazzabosco@yahoo.com

=====