Re: [oletrucks] To dipper or not to dipper? -That is the 235

To: CLLLSLS@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] To dipper or not to dipper? -That is the 235
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 05:46:30 EST

<<  solution to either my pressure lube riddle or my floor shift puzzle.

All splash lube 216s and 235s have an oil distributor valve, but high
pressure engines do not.  This is a small sheet metal cover on the block
behind the exhaust pipe flange.  A small copper tube comes out next to it and
goes back into the block.

On 48 chevies we have discussed previously that some came with old trans,
others with new.  If you have a thumb flipper with rod on the shift stick it
is an old style 4 speed.  That's reverse lock out.  The floor shift 3 speed
has a very small case-- looks like you could pick it up with one hand.  Back
has a narrow section that widens out into the ball for U joint.  4 speed new
style is a very big heavy box with U joint ball stuck on a more boxy case.
We could confirm with some casting numbers.
Bob ADler