[oletrucks] Re: 235 oil tube

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: 235 oil tube
From: AKAMF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:10:35 EST
Thanks for the feedback on the oil tubes. People have tube lengths from 6" to
7-1/2".
I'd take the suggestion about marking the dipstick, but it doesn't reach the
oil. Since I can't lengthen the tube, I'll put the 4 quarts of oil in and
start cutting down the tube starting at 7" and working my way down until it
hits the full mark on the dipstick.  There must be a lot of different length
dipsticks in these motors.

Note: someone mentioned the oil filter mounted on the manifold draining into
the pan affecting the oil level,,, the oil in the filter doesn't drain into
the pan. In fact you have to pull the oil out of the canister by other means
when you change the oil.

Thanks again,
Brian (akamf@aol.com)