Re: [oletrucks] Vintage Texas license plates

To: "Oletrucks List Server" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <MRICHAGANG@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vintage Texas license plates
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:14:27 -0600
Sure.  I also heard from Charles Culver (the original requester) that he
couldn't find thin enough material; I suggested a hobby shop & "burnishing"
tool(s) & material.  I also have copied the list for any others that would
like to know.

Basically,
1. Take the good plate & burnish a soft sheet metal over the numbers &
letters on the plate.
2. Fill in back of "New" plate with body putty filler (as many coats as
necessary-make them thin so they don't crack when drying) until letters &
numbers are filled flush with "unembossed" surface (non-raised area).
3. Back assembly with stiffer metal plate (sheet metal) using glue.
4. Paint to match original plate.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com