[oletrucks] Hinge pockets

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Hinge pockets
From: Johngage@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:03:28 -0500 (EST)
Well, I've come to the conclusion that my VIN number on the frame must have
been covered by the motor mounts the previous owner fabricated.

They are two v shaped plates on each side kinda like this >  <...the wide
ends towards the wheel wells.....just in front of the stearing box.  Great
Job!...now what?

Now I'm on to another problem.  My sorce for hinge pockets changed his
mind.....he'd rather sell me the whole cab...rather than cut it up....it's
already missing floors and doors...but?...and I've got a wide back window
that I'd like ta keep.

Sooooo, my search is on again.  Here's my question for all the fabrication
guru out there:

If I'm going to do all this welding....wouldn't it be best ta go with new
hinge pockets?

Everybody makes lower pockets, but, no upper.....sooooo by looking at the
actual pockets on the upper and lower don't seem to be much
different....anybody ever trim a lower down and use it as an upper?..or are
they just a wee bit different?

Next question: Are there any "major" differences in the upper and lower door
blocks?  How about the hinges?

I've looked over my drivers side....the only side with any hinges...and they
look pretty close.

Any ideas or experiences?

Thanks, John Schulz
59 3100....Uni-Door