Re: [oletrucks] Alternator vs. generator

To: <MarkNoakes@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Alternator vs. generator
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 09:35:49 -0800
I've been interested in the various reports of experience with generators.
Those inclined to keep the generator, assuming it functions adequately,
should also keep in mind that there are different kinds of generators.

One source I read on 12 volt conversions recommended using a Cadillac
generator because they put out higher amps than those used in other GM
models.  This might resolve some of the concern over charging during in-town
driving.

In addition, the generator may not be the culprit at all.  It may be putting
out enough amps to charge the battery, but if the regulator is set too low,
the cut-out switch won't allow proper charging.

Regards,

Grant S.  gls@4link.net