[oletrucks] 1950 3100 Side Cowl Damage Help

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 1950 3100 Side Cowl Damage Help
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 17:02:08 -0600
Well guys and gals.. thanks for a GREAT 1999 of good advice and tips for my
restoration. I am about 80% done with my rust removal task with over 400
hours in rust removal alone. Im being real meticulous! I dont care what
anyone says.. the results are SOO worth it! The truck is beautiful! On to a
serious problem I need help on...

The drivers side panel in front of the door (about 4 inches above the side
vent to about 12 inches below) is badly damaged. Someone jarred the crap out
of that side of the front end and then tried to fix it with a hammer making
it impossible to get the wrinkles out. The door fits fine, the vent even
works as advertised but of course the damaged look is unacceptable. I would
assume that I need that piece from another truck? I know there are cowlings
available thru Jim Carter but they are lower and dont go as high as I need.
Is there someone out there who has a 50 that is unrestorable and would part
with this part of the cab? I have the fenders off and dont want to start on
the firewall cleanup until this part has been repaired.

Thanks again!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100