Re: [oletrucks] Water from steel (was originally about POR-15)

To: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Water from steel (was originally about POR-15)
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 16:18:51 -0800
>But the other day I was warming up a piece of 5/8" stainless
>with a propane torch, the shop air was unusually cool (58 degrees), and the
>surface of the plate was so wet it was practically dripping on the floor.

Interesting, isn't it, Wally?

Was the plate colder than the air?  And did the water appear over the whole
surface?  That would make sense to me as condensation.

Or perhaps the oxygen and other gasses bond with some hydrogen and
precipitate out as water.  I guess that could explain why the water appears
in the heat zone, rather than over the whole surface.  I'll have to ask my
scientist friend about it.

Regards,

Grant S.