Re: [oletrucks] Removing VERY stuck pistons

To: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Removing VERY stuck pistons
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 08:49:31 -0500
I've had to use a sledge before, but I don't think mine was as stuck as yours
sounds.  Once they broke loose I was able to drive them up. I've read that on a
really stuck block to sit the oil pan surface on blocks and wail away with a
sledge and 3 inch drift, driving them out the bottom, breaking off skirts as you
go. Driving them up can result in just poking holes through the piston. While
the
explosive method sounds like great fun I would be afraid of harming the block,
not to mention bystanders. Also you would have to explode them out the bottom
with enough force to break the skirts off in the process.
  BTW I saw an ad for a 270 in Idaho for sale, mail me if interested and will
try
to look it up.

Grant