Re: [oletrucks] Brakes--6 lug discs, dual m/cyl

To: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>, oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brakes--6 lug discs, dual m/cyl
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:39:59 -0500
Jim,
   Don't know if I agree here on the dual master. Majority of the braking is
done with the front brakes so if it's the rear you loose and you are doing
easy braking you might not notice a reduction in braking. I'm embarrassed to
admit in my younger days I had an occasion where I blocked off the rear
brakes after rupturing a line and drove like that for some time. Braking is
not all that bad with just the fronts.
      Loosing  either circuit will lower the pedal some but may or may not
be near the  floor depending on how well your brakes are adjusted ( in my
case I have drums all around). As I said I know someone this happened too
and he is no dummy when it comes to observing mechanical workings. I think
this is why so many vehicles have brake failure warning lights. The main
trouble I have with trying to adapt one to my truck is most I've seen are
part of the proportioning valve.

Grant