[oletrucks] Front End Questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, old-chevy-truck@onelist.com
Subject: [oletrucks] Front End Questions
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 20:26:38 EDT
Truckers,
Well, I have decided to rebuild the stock I-beam front end on my '48 3100.
I'm going with new everything, including springs as mine have a negative arch
if anything.  I haven't torn it down yet, but should I order the oversize
kingpins or stock?  The amount of slop I have is not as bad as many I've
seen.
Also, are the "modern" type tie rod ends superior to the spring and ball type
that are stock?  Which way have others gone on this?  Can they be purchased
locally, such as NAPA?  What other truck/car are they made for?  Will they
bolt up to the stock arm behind the backing plate?
Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX