[oletrucks] Nut Plates

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Nut Plates
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 09:36:23 -0500
There are several places on the cab where sheet metal screws were used. I am
not particularly fond of sheet metal screws since the holes over the years
have expanded due to rust, the screws will need to be replaced anyhow, and
that is not the best way to secure something. SO.. I was thinking about
welding nut plates onto the cab instead. I dont want to just weld a nut to
the cab, that wouldnt look good. (at least not the way I currently weld)
Does anyone know of a good source for various size nut plates? Since I have
the cab all apart and sitting on a stand, I can get to everything and now
would be a good time to do it.

Thanks!

Deve
50 3100