[oletrucks] early 235

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] early 235
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 08:36:30 -0500
Yesterday at a local swap meet I found a guy with the remains of 3 AD's
for sale, and in part of the mess he had an older 235 (casting date was
Oct 8, 1953) for $25.00. The motor runs and appears to be in good shape.

I would like to "build" a hopped up 235 for my next project, but had
heard somewhere that it was best to stay away from the early 235's
(pre-55?). Can anyone tell me if this is true, and if it is, why?
Thanks
Brad