Re: [oletrucks] Patch panels for a '56

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Patch panels for a '56
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 01:29:21 -0400
Smokey, the lower hinge "pocket" is not available, you will have to make
that one!  The "lower hinge pocket" available now from vendors is just the
lower post skin.  I just replaced all of the bad metal on my son's '56 cab
and I think we used every patch panel available (both side rear inner &
outer, full steps w/ rockers, lower hinge pockets).  I had to make the
actual lower hinge pockets and a small section of the floor.

As a note, if you can see your tire looking through the hinge pocket you
will probably need to do some work on the air ducts also.  Have you removed
the fenders yet?  It may be worse than you think!

Good Luck!
Mike B. '56 8400 Wrecker  :)