[oletrucks] Bob A.- wheels and Huck parts

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bob A.- wheels and Huck parts
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 21:56:40 -0400
To; Bob or anyone, I have a 50 2-ton COE and was removing wheels
today and found some of them had a larger center hole and didn't
fit on rear hub tight. I want to use the old wheels and tires off my
54 and they also are larger. I wasn't aware there were different size
wheels and hubs on AD trucks of this size. Am I OK to use larger
wheels if they don't rest on hubs? They are 10-lug and lugs are
holding all the weight. I believe these are Huck brakes, did size
change when they went to Bendix?
  Speaking of brakes, read Bob's article (too short) on Huck brakes
and he didn't mention a thing about where to get the hardware, as in
the "washer"-clips that hold all the links together. Sometines they
break. I have same type on trans mount parking brake, much larger
and can't seem to find those either. I tried regular c-clips and others
but they don't have enough "meat" on them to stick out past the
shaft diameter once you get center right size. Is there a source
for these?
                           Thanx,        "G"