Re: [oletrucks] Truck Sightings

To: "Oletrucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Truck Sightings
From: "G. Simmons" <gls@4link.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 12:16:09 -0700
>Saw one AD tanker truck around Davis and in Elverta I saw an AD Crane
>truck with a very big crane mounted on the back, it looked like both were
>still providing services to a farmer.

I think that there are quite a lot of old trucks with specialized bodies
that are still in use on farms.  Whenever I go out to Ventura County, to the
north of Los Angeles, I see a lot of older trucks on farms and orchards with
bodies specialized to tank water or spray chemicals.  These trucks probably
do less than 100 miles in a year.  They'll probably still be working 50
years from now.

Regards,

Grant S.
54 3100 (mostly all there)