[oletrucks] Re: Task Force IFS (Advance Design Too!)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Task Force IFS (Advance Design Too!)
From: "Dennis O'Connor" <boyoconnor@netscape.net>
Date: 12 Aug 00 23:43:55 PDT
For the Advance Design trucks the IFS from any '72-'87 Chevy/GMC 1/2 ton or
Suburban can be bolted on - the newer frames are 1" wider so a little shimming
is required, plus fabbing brackets for the steering box and shocks.  I know of
3 guys who have done this, and I'm doing the same for the 3/4 ton (C-20 ->
3600).  It's a great and inexpensive swap!

I imagine if the Task Force frame is not more than 1" wider than the Advance
Design, you're in luck.  If someone can send me a Task Force frame diagram I
can compare it against the AD diagram I have and see what works.

Ride height is almost exactly stock, but track width is 4" wider then the AD
trucks.  Biggest downside is the bolt pattern, but I don't know if the TF
trucks have 5- or 6-bolt and what spacing.  You might grab the rear axle at
the same time just to have a matched set.  Lucky for me both old and new 3/4
tons use 8-bolts with the same spacing.

E-mail me if you want more details, I've collected tons of info on this swap!
Getting ready to bolt mine on now...

-Boyo