RE: [oletrucks] Fenton Headers for my Chevy

To: Allen Coblentz <wac8019@erinet.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Fenton Headers for my Chevy
From: Jack Halton <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 23:05:30 -0400 (EDT)
The Fentons are equipped with pipe fittings so that heat can be run to a plate
where the heat stove attaches. Copper tubing can be used.

The original Corvette 235 dual exhaust included the heat riser for correct heat
distribution to the intake. These are very hard to find these days, also very
expensive.

Most split manifolds eliminate the heat riser, but there is no reason you can't
keep it,assuming you can find a welder skilled enough to spend the time to do
it right. A welding instructor tells me that welding old cast iron is best done
with a TIG setup.