Re: [oletrucks] Removing old spray paint from chrome

To: jonkunkel@home.com (Jon Kunkel)
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Removing old spray paint from chrome
From: Tom3600@webtv.net
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 07:53:56 -0600 (CST)
Jon -

On my '49 the the glove box door is stainless steel with a light grey
paint between the ribs.  I just used paint remover on the grey paint and
buffed the stainless.  It now looks like a brand new chrome glove box.
The upper and lower radio speaker trim is also stainless steel and can
be buffed out to look like chrome also.  I took the center speaker cover
portion and had it chromed so now the whole radio section and glove box
door is either polished stainless or chrome.

Tom

Tom Poterack
Moline, IL.
'49 Chevy 3600