[oletrucks] Am I going mad? (Also IFS for Bill)

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Am I going mad? (Also IFS for Bill)
From: Stu <sbcltd@netcomuk.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 08:14:50 -0000
Probably. I'm about to take out the front suspension ready for my Jag clip
and I'm trying to measure where the front wheels need to go when I weld the
clip in. I measure directly back from the front chassis rails and one of the
wheels is about an inch further back than the other. I've measured across
the chassis and the thing is square so I can only assume that the front axle
is scewed across the chassis.

It's down to rails and suspension so I can't measure from the firewall so
does anyone have a point of reference and a measurement so I know where to
fit the Jag clip?

Cheers
Stu

Bill,

Why don't you use a Jag clip? The clip will go straight under the chassis
with no cutting as it has it's own crossmember with all the bits your
talking about. Also, would you rather the truck handle like a Camaro or a
Jag? The Jag's are also adjustable to a certain extent by adjusting the
shims.