Re: [oletrucks] Weight, and Width of Art Deco, Towing the truck

To: "The Slesaks" <foghorn@ev1.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Weight, and Width of Art Deco, Towing the truck
From: "Michael and Stephany Zaic" <mzaic@athens.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 05:15:18 -0500
Tim,
I've put my 52 GMC 3/4 ton on a U-Haul car trailer.  It fit alright with a
few inches to spare at the rear wheels.  This did not allow much room to
adjust tongue weight, but it hauled alright as it was.  I ran into a
problem with U-Haul not wanting to rent the trailer knowing that I would be
hauling this load on their trailer.  I ended up renting from an independent
agent and telling them I would be hauling a 78' Malibu wagon ;-)

Good luck with your haul and be safe!
Michael Z.
Lawrenceville, GA
----------
> From: The Slesaks <foghorn@ev1.net>
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] Weight, and Width of Art Deco, Towing the truck home
> Date: Saturday, March 10, 2001 8:49 PM
>
> I am getting ready to bick up my 41 GMC LWB pickup.  I am planning on
> renting a U-Haul car trailer for this purpose.  Has anyone on this list
used
> a U-Haul auto transporter trailer to haul one of your trucks?  I just
want
> to be sure that it will fit.

SNIP