Re: [oletrucks] 3 Point Seat Belts for 57 3100

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3 Point Seat Belts for 57 3100
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 13:25:55 -0700
Blaine & Maggie Dumkee wrote:

>  They say there are to stupid questions.............
>
> How do you intend to install the plate between the outer and inner layers of
> the cab?
>
> Blaine Dumkee
> 1959 GMC 9314

There is a gap between the panels at the bottom of the inner panel, you
would probably need to tack weld a piece of metal strap to the plate, to
act as a handle.

> >Jim, I think your method only works on a small back window cab - I need to
> >go look at mine again, but I don't think it will work for a custom cab
> >window.

Yeah, it might not work on a big window cab.  Maybe you could cut a slot
in the pillar, and slide a piece of 1/8" x 2" (or whatever fits) into
the pillar, but it might require some "hacking" and repair work.  I
don't have a big window cab handy to look at.

Jim F
59s in AZ