Re: [oletrucks] Sand Blaster

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Sand Blaster
From: mike <flathead292@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 19:14:18 -0800 (PST)
hello~
we have a TIP sand blaster.(big outside 200PSI unit)
as for media we use glass beads. they work great for
removing paint and surface rust. and it's not too
harsh on aluminum. but it's strong enough to get the
job done.
as for what's right for you.
if you go to the Eastwood Company website. they have
numerous options avalible. They have a guide to help
you determine which one is right for you.
as for who to do it. in my opinion. how fast do you
want it done? and what is your price range. I have
always liked both. the acid dip is one of my favorites
though.

it's up to you.
mike

--- Duncan <ronandmaryanne@home.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with the 40 lb. or
> the 110 lb. pressurized
> blaster sold by Harbor Freight?  Do I need the
> bigger blaster?  Also would
> appreciate any opinions on which material to use for
> medium. I have a
> Craftsman 7 1/2 hp, 80 gallon compressor.
>
> I have finally started on my 51 truck after the
> house fire, heart attack and
> motorcycle wreck.  I am going to restore my
> Grandfather's truck if it kills
> me.
>
> Any thoughts on whether to by the blaster or just
> have it done?
>
> Ron Duncan
> Tulsa, Ok.
> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built
> between 1941 and 1959
Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com