Re: [oletrucks] 3/4 vs 1/2 ton

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3/4 vs 1/2 ton
From: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:01:26 -0600
Bob,

     In thinking about what I would do with my 3/4 ton and looking for
parts, etc., I found that some specialty parts are not available for the
3/4 ton.  For example, I was thinking about IFS but most companies said
that their IFS would not work on a 3/4 ton.  Fat Man Fabrications, however,
said that the front of a 3/4 ton was the same as the front of a 1/2 ton and
that their IFS would fit.  In the end I decided to keep the solid axle so
it was a moot point. Fancy rear suspensions might also be more difficult
with a 3/4 ton.  You might want to think about what you want to do with the
truck and check out the availability of the parts before deciding on 1/2 vs
3/4 ton.

BobK in LA
51 3600 5-window (project)
Arnaudville, LA

                    "Bob KNOTTS"

                    <raknotts@qwest.net>        To:     "oletrucks"
<oletrucks@autox.team.net>
                    Sent by:                    cc:

                    owner-oletrucks@auto        Subject:     [oletrucks] 3/4 vs
1/2 ton
                    x.team.net

                    11/07/01 09:42 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Bob KNOTTS"

Thanks Tom. It looks like either the 1/2 or 3/4 ton has it's own
advantages.
I'm currently thinking of putting a GMC 302 (for purity!) or Chevy 292 (for
convenience of cheaper parts prices) with a 700r4 auto O/D transmission. I
don't have anything yet except the desire! Bob K in PHX.