[oletrucks] Mequires

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Mequires
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:49:11 -0700
Hi Rocky. Yes, he seemed knowledgeable, and took several phone calls where he
answered several questions for people. He strongly suggested that I go with a
302 rather than the chevy 292. He said the 292 just doesn't look right. But I
was reading in the reprint of Roger Huntington's book -How to hop up Chevrolet
and GMC engines- (put out by Fisher Books of TUCSON,AZ) that the 302 engine is
physically bigger than the 248-270 engine, and if you bore the 270 out by 5/32
you get 292 c.i. I think I'll join Inliners International before I do
anything. They have advisors who specialize in the 292 or 270-302 engines.
Also, there's supposed to be a new book out shortly which is up to date on
building up the Chevy and GMC inline six's. Do you have any idea how hard it
is to find 270"s? Patrick told me that there were 302's available. Of course,
I don't even have a truck yet!