[oletrucks] Freeze Plug update

To: "Old-Chevy-Truck - Orginal \(E-mail\)"
Subject: [oletrucks] Freeze Plug update
From: "Jhouse" <jhouse@ccsol.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 12:50:31 -0500
Well I got the freeze plug replacement back in with the aviation permilux.
Next I cut two new gaskets for the old water pump and with the same permilux
installed this.  Then put back the cleaned radiator that tested at 6 gpm and
should be at 20 gpm.  Now after the cleaning it is at 16 gpm, so I painted
it up and put it back in.  Next I filled the system - almost 3 gallons (2
gal water and rest antifreeze).

Then I started it up.  I now have a leek in my cleaned radiator.

So off to the FLAPS and some radiator clog stuff.  This fixed the problem.

I now see that I did crack the block and have a few very slow leaks.  They
are from the driver side where the block comes down straight then there is a
rounded ridge before the block tapers away.  At the crease between the flat
part of the block and the half round is where I see water pushing out of the
block - only if I rev it up.  This is a low volume of fluid.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
NHJim