[oletrucks] Re: [napco4x4] Axle seals. and materials. . .

To: napco4x4@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: [napco4x4] Axle seals. and materials. . .
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: 27 Nov 2001 15:04:36 -0800
Speaking of seals. . .

     I need to find some replacement material for the lenses on my TF
Suburban's tailgate center light.  The seal/gasket around the red round lens
looks like 1/4 inch plus thick felt with an attached paper backing.  The
seal/gasket around the clear license plate lens looks like 1/16 inch  cork (may
be thicker and just thin from 45 years of being squashed flat).

     Anyone know of a source for this kind of stuff these days?  I expect to
have to cut my own gaskets. . .just want to know where to find similar material.

     I've got a long ways to go before the Sub needs the light, but I thought
that I would restore the tail light/license plate holder, mount it on a plaque,
bolt on my restored TN shaped 1956 truck tag and hang it on the wall in my
office at work to inspire me to keep the truck going.

Thanks,

Mark Noakes

58/56 Chevy Suburban

59 GMC Suburban