Re: [oletrucks] engine rebuild sticker shock

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] engine rebuild sticker shock
From: J Forbes <jforbes2@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:29:23 -0700
Mark--

Yeah, those old oddball engines are expensive!  And Egge is not known
for being the most inexpensive place to get parts, either.  You might
want to check with your machine shop and see if they can get some, or
many, of the parts for a better price.

We did all the machine work and got the parts for Gary's 235, and it
*did* need everything...so expect the worse.  Still, spending $2k to
rebuild an old 6 cyl is not bad, lots of folks pay that much to get the
trannys rebuilt in their late models....

Jim F
59s in AZ