Re: [oletrucks] Motor ID

To: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Motor ID
From: Bob Fischer <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 12:31:26 -0800
>I've never been able to make heads or tails of the web sites I have found
>for ID of a chevy engine so I'll ask the combined expertise of this group.

I guess you're referring to the Mortec pages.

Can you detect the numbers/letters on the flat tab of the block
just forward of the bottom of the right side ( from rear ) cylinder head?

If the block was rebuilt and decked (surfaced) sometimes this is milled
away, or in some cases large engine rebuilders re-stamp their own
codes into this area for their warranty tracking.

If you can find a # I have a limited few pages which contain 60's-70's
correlation data from some old magazines here:
<http://home.att.net/~bobsplayce/chevnum.html>

Some folks have books with more complete coverage than I have
available and may be able to help you out.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

  http://Bobsplayce.home.att.net   e-mail -->r.fischerjr@att.net