[oletrucks] frame prep and painting.

Subject: [oletrucks] frame prep and painting.
From: <kpierce@copper.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 16:23:54 -0600
I have my 57 3100 disassembled down to the frame.  I am ready to clean and
paint
the frame.  In a small spot I wire-brushed then sanded down to mostly bare
metal and painted black with rattle can.  It looks ok.

However, I don't think that I really got all the rust that way because the
rusted areas are usually pitted and would probably require blasting to get
really clean.

I am interested in your comments.  Do you think the sanding and rattle can
painting will provide protection for five to ten years?  Would brush
painting be more durable?  Do you recommend sandblast or media blast?

I plan to drive the truck daily and live in Alabama.  Lots of moisture here
year round.  Truck will be parked in garage at night.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.