Re: [[oletrucks] Rear Axle Dilemma]

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [[oletrucks] Rear Axle Dilemma]
From: Scot Stockton <auriclux@usa.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:17:11 -0800
Troy,
>  I have 3 rear axles that I can use on my '52 Chevy project. One is a 12
bolt from a '70 Impala, one is from a dodge dart, and I have the original.

I can't imagine that the Chysler axle is really what you want to use on your
truck, I doubt that it is much stronger than your torque tube.  With the
torque tube you get the panache of originality.

Since you don't seem to mind deviating from Chevy some, perhaps you should
look into a Ford 9" or even the 8.8" and pull one from a wrecking yard.

Here's my question for you guys - what axle am I likely to find in a wrecking
yard that would fit in my old truck?  This is a little late since I already
have Dana 60's in it, but I'm curious.

Scot