[oletrucks] RE)Saginaw 3sp with overdrive

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] RE)Saginaw 3sp with overdrive
From: Cameo3124@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:03:05 -0500
I had an original over drive on my 57 for ten years.. for a daily driver I
wouldn't recommend it,(SHOW truck YEAH) they have a cone roller bearing clutch
in them that fails and make the the vehicle jump and slip, I had mine rebuilt
twice,,it wasn't very forgiving with  a v-8 and towing,,, I had to baby it to
keep it together,, it was cool until it broke ,,Id rather have the reliability
of an automatic or a four speed,, the OD just couldn't be trusted,,I sold all
three of the ones I collected for a  fair price and never looked back. I ve
been running a  used turbo 400 for 8 years and I don't miss the over drive a
bit, I was think my next automatic might be a 700r with OD But they have there
problems too..I guess I'm not one for originality Id rather have reliability