Re: [oletrucks] die cast models...Hot Wheels '59, K-mart '60-1

To: chevy620@juno.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] die cast models...Hot Wheels '59, K-mart '60-1
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 19:53:02 EST
    Hot Wheels has a special collectible '59 Task Force truck in 1/64th size,
it doesn't come in the regular HW package, but rather in the more expensive
$8-20 Adult Collectible series. I've seen it in a Maroon paint color with an
antique boat as a 2-vehicle set, also just recently another scheme with 3
other trucks for $20. Look for the boxes on the racks at $8 and up, black
with flames, I think, and the newer 4-truck collectible series in the
traditional red color box.
    As far as '60 goes, those are few and far between, but K-mart had a Big
Truck series with I believe a '60 truck, but it was a 2 or 3 ton model with
trailer, not a pickup. I think there is a '60 or '61 I've seen at Toys R Us,
in 1/32nd scale recently, but not sure, usually with the bigger 1/18th cars.
K-mart might have had a blue and white one, also. UG-LEE. LOL. Sorry, man,
they are NOT pretty trucks! Anyway, that's my knowledge of them so far. Good
hunting!

Jerry in Virginia
Diecast collecter as well as old truck / AMC car collector ( 8 Gremlins )