[oletrucks] Re: lowered truck

To: ke6bnl@juno.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: lowered truck
From: mark <ccpanel@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:32:15 -0700
i got a piece of pipe that had the right innner diameter to match the stock
camaro/nova/TA rear shackle bushings. the i laid it on the bottom inside of
my frame, marked a hole, cut out the hole, pushed the piep through to flush
with the outside of the frame, and then welded it up with a boxing plate on
the inner portion. the shoved the bushings in, bolted up the shackles...
DONE!(after cooling the weld)
        on ym truck-i used a panhard bar to make the axle stay centered. i
had problems with my wheels rubbing so i installed it. double benifit-it
kept it from rubbing and by installing it driver frame to pass axle-it makes
my open diff feel and act like a posi-i spin my DRIVER wheel before the pass
side.
ask away!  =)
mark

At 01:59 PM 4/21/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Mark, thanks so much for the pictures I have a couple of questions
>though.  It looks like you used a hardpan bar to help center the rear
>end, is that necessary??  I am not clear on how you made your shackles,
>did you have them stradle the frame and used spacers to take up the space
>in the c hannel of the frame?? I do like the stance you go on the panel
>truck and that is what I am going for.  I know little about computers but
>when I opened the attacked file I had no problem veiwing them and saving
>them for reference.  Thanks for the help Ed ke6bnl
>

>On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:52:32 -0700 mark <ccpanel@jps.net> writes:
>> heres a zip file-tell me if you can open it
>>

>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>   Ed     ke6bnl@juno.com                     ( 1950 f1 & 1963econo pu
>
>      Agua Dulce Ca.    91390                    70 chevy S/B)  1948 Ford
>F3
>      So.   Calif. 70 mil N.Eof Los Angeles   1953 Chevy pu 3100)

>The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

im looking for a 47-57 GMC/chevy suburban either hot rod or project-just
needs mostly complete body-no cancer and doent even have to have frame.

  http://customclassics.org

       northern california