[oletrucks] Well, finally got around to working on the 55....

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Well, finally got around to working on the 55....
From: "chuck clark" <cachomeimp@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 17:57:45 -0400
I have a 49 panel and had the gas tank cleaned and coated by a fairly
reputable radiator shop.  He had it in an acid dip for over a week and then
flushed and treated it with some sort of coating.

I put the truck on the raod last June and I have noticed recently that I
have a lot of water comming through the gas lines which I assume is
originating at the tank.  I also have noticed some paint particles (looks
like primer) in both of my clear in-line fuel filters.

Has anyone had water in the tank problems or had experience with an acid
dipped tank cleaning.

I am using a vented gas cap which should let any moisture escape that builds
up in the tank.  Apparently that is not happening or the vented cap is not
working.

Any thoughts on these problems appreciated.

Thanks