[oletrucks] TF Rear Brake Drum Removal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] TF Rear Brake Drum Removal
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 22:24:32 -0500
For those who are wondering what worked, soon as I put the puller
on the recalcitrant drum and tigntened up, the drum popped off with
a loud bang.  The oil had worked on the drum all night and may have
helped some.  I will get the bore machined a little bigger before
I put it back on.  It looks like the original was meant to be an
interference fit.

As suspected there was no ridge worn in the drums.

Good thing I didn't have to move the adjuster.  It is frozen solid.
Even a vise grips on the star and the body in the vise wouldn't
loosen it.  It is soaking overnight now in John Crane Deep Penetrating
Oil.  I'll check tomorrow if NAPA has these before I get too serious
with it.

I have reason to believe that this drum has never been off in the
46 years the truck has been around.  It probably has not been adjusted
in 30 years either.

Now on to the front.  Wheel bearings to deal with too this time.
Like someone said, it is amazing how these one afternoon jobs can
take a week.

Bruce K
57 3200
Mt. Iron, MN