Re: [oletrucks] Re: Old gas

To: "Michael Lubitz" <mlubitz@texas.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Old gas
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 07:42:50 -0700
Gas does go "bad" after awhile. I've had to have the carb on my lawnmower
rebuilt twice after gas has sat in it over the winter (yes, I AM a slow
learner!!).  So if you're not going to run it for several months, I don't
think I'd want to drain it and put more gas in now. And you're probably
going to at least have to rebuild your existing carb. I don't know just how
long the additives work. I now run my lawn mower  until it's dry before
putting it away for the winter. But I do use the additives at the start of
summer.  I have an old Dodge (84) that I'm getting ready to get back into
operation after it's sat for over two years. I don't look forward to
draining out the gas and cleaning out all the gas lines. I had the carb
"professionally rebuilt". That's why it hasn't ran for so long. For years I
just dismantled carbs, cleaned all the components, and put them back
together. The last one, abt 9 years ago, I decided to adjust the way the
instructions called for. Wouldn't run. Tried too hard, I guess. Bob K in
PHX, AZ.