Re: [oletrucks] 302

To: "mark" <ccpanel@jps.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 302
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:19:02 -0700
The GMC motors are better in a variety of ways, aside from just being
bigger.  Properly built you should get more service out of the GMC.

My 270 pushes my AD Suburban down the road at 70 real easy, but that's maybe
4000#s loaded, and I have 3.08 gears.  I get 17 mph on the highway, 12 or 13
around town.  It does need more throttle to climb hills.

I like my 270, but still plan to replace it with a 454 someday.  I suspect
you'll be dissatisfied with the performance of that loaded camper with
anything less than 400 cubes.