[oletrucks] Core support tip

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Core support tip
From: Leon Corley <lcorley@ticnet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 06:05:10 -0500
I was working on my 53 this weekend and discovered a trick that I
thought I'd pass on.
The core support bolts were well rusted.
I tried PB blaster without much luck.
Since the core support pads are bad, there was some slack.
I wedged a screwdriver between the core support and the crossmember.
This gave me enough room to use a hacksaw with the frame toward the
middle of the truck.
The front bumper is off the truck which helped access.
I was able to cut the bolts in a just a few minutes.
This may go under the category of "everyone knows this but me", but I
thought I'd share in case it could save anyone else some time and/or grief.

regards,
Leon