[oletrucks] Leaky Rear Main Seal

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Leaky Rear Main Seal
From: "Mac Kinghorn" <kinghorn@granite.mb.ca>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:52:03 -0500
BlankHi All

Quick question.  Has anyone out there in oldtruckland got any experience with
the rear seals on a 216.  I have about 12,000 miles on mine since rebuild and
the rear seal has leaked from day one.  Not badly mindyou, but to much for my
liking.  I have bought a new seal kit and oil pan gasket with the thought of
changing out the seal with the engine in the truck.  My concern is getting the
top portion of the seal out or would it be worth it to just redo the portion
in the bottom bearing cap.  My thoughts are that the leak is probably on the
bottom half, no particular reason just a feeling.

Any help, thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Mac

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
Blank Bkgrd.gif]