Re: [oletrucks] sandblaster questions

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] sandblaster questions
From: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 14:09:38 -0800
Hey Will:

        I am no expert, in fact am barely ahead of you in this. However I did
make a purchase last year ( a nice cabinet from TP Tools ) and found my
two cycle 3.5 or 5 HP ( I can't recall which ) Sears compressor with a
25 Gal tank is almost unusable.  I have to run the rig with the smallest
jet available, and the compressor runs pretty much non stop. I asked
questions on a number of lists and based on the responses decided to
save up for a good, solid Eaton compressor. Which will require a rewire
of my house first ( so I'm not doing that much blasting yet:grumble
grumble...)  But it should be a once in a lifetime purchase and put out
34 CFM for years/decades to come.
        A couple of list members took a look at the unit

     http://www.eatoncompressor.com/catalog/item/504747/206944.htm

        and indicated Eaton's claims were valid and it appeared really
well made. Tho if someone on list here knows otherwise please say something.

Paul

*************************

I'm getting ready to purchase a pressurized sandblaster for doing frame
and body blasting.  I would like some input before I make a selection
though.  Can anyone give some input as to an adequate tank size.  I have
been debating between the 10 and 20 gallon tanks.  Is the 10 adequate,
or is the convenience of a 20 gallon worth the extra cost.  Too, I am
looking for some input with the Clarke brand.  Are they decent quality?
Not looking for Snap On type stuff, but don't want Harbor Freight junk
either.

Will Nelle
Longview, TX
'51 & '53 3600 Chevy