[oletrucks] Re: AD Headliner Retainer question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: AD Headliner Retainer question
From: Dave <dave@juniorbaseball.com>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 12:30:33 -0700
Larry:

Dusty and I struggled with this one on his 1950 GMC (see this month's issue
of CLASSIC TRUCKS) as many of you recall. Yes, the center floating piece is
held in by tension - lots of it! In fact, we actually had to slightly trim
the rear trailing edge of the back part of the headliner to even get it in
without buckling. But we also had covered the inner surface of the ceiling
with "UltaMat" sound/heat insulating material, which allowed less room for
the cardboard headliner to work its way upwards.
  It's very worthwhile to insulate the ceiling, as well as floors, rear of
cab, and door interiors to eliminate the "riding in a drum" sound effects!
Also keeps it much cooler in summer.
  When installing the headliner, have a helper handy, and not someone you
don't want to hear you swearing like a longshoreman!
  Good luck!
Dave Destler
"Dusty's Daily Driver" 1950 GMC

/////