[oletrucks] shocks

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] shocks
From: Leon Corley <lcorley@ticnet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 06:16:24 -0500
I've got a 53 3100.
I've replaced the rear axle with a open driveline using the kit from
Classic Performance.
The new upper shock mount don't seem to fit the frame as well as I would
like.
But there is a 1/2" hole in the frame that would allow me to use pin
mount shocks instead of the stock stud mount.
The ones for 57-59 1/2 ton truck seem like they would work.
The Monroe #37188 has a minimum length of 14 and a maximum length 23.625
inches.
The at-rest length for my truck is 19.5 inches if I use the existing
hole in the frame.
This would provide  5.5 inches of suspension compression and 4.125
inches of extension.
Does this sound like it would work?
Does anyone know how this compares with the stock AD trucks?
The Monroe #33049 (stock 53) has a total travel of 8.625, less than the
#37188.,
but I don't know how it is distributed.

Thanks in advance for any advice

regards,