Re: [oletrucks] Starter Problems

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Starter Problems
From: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 19:23:37 -0700
Might not be relevant but... My '53 3/4 ton has the kick starter pedal.
I find the mechanical connection between the foot starter and the engine
starter... has a mind of it's own. If I pretend the starter pedal is the
big cockroach from the movie Men In Black the truck will start. If I
just press or stomp on it it may or may not crank over. Probably why
foot starters were eliminated. :]

        Paul

Iv'e had intermittent problems with my starter. Most times it turns over
just fine with lots of torque. Sometimes it wants to "bind" before
turning over. A few times only it does nothing and I have to tap it with
a hammer before it will turn over