[oletrucks] it runs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] it runs
From: K50Chevy@AOL.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:35:49 EDT
After about 18 years of on and off again work, I finally fired up my 50
Chevy, thou I still have a lot to do before it is driveable. I waited quite a
while until I had the money for the radiator I wanted, when I did I ordered one

from Chevy Duty and it got here in no time. So I installed it and hooked up
the  wires, pulled the plugs and cranked the engine until I had oil pressure,
adjusted the valves, reinstalled the plugs, primed the carb. And with my heart
racing I hit the key, and in seconds it was running!!!  Man It sounds hot!!
My apologies to the non street rodders but their is nothing like the sound of
an  aluminum head, big cam 350sbc, with headers , 3 inch duels and flow
masters, thumping under the hood of an old Chevy truck. Engine dyno'ed at 421
horse and it sounds wicked, can't wait until I can drive it! Thanks for letting

me whoop and holler Bye, Ken