[oletrucks] power windows

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] power windows
From: "Williams Grant Civ Det 2, 412 AMXS/MXA2T" <Grant.Williams@kirtland.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:58:02 +0100
All,

I am installing power windows in my 50. I bought the "ITSASNAP" system. It
is a generic product and I am not finding it a snap to install and no assist
from the vendor. It looks like I first cut down the height of the riser bar.
Then determine the height to mount the assembly to the inner panel so that
the glass will be in the correct position when open (down position). The
problem I am encountering is the motor assembly needs to be swung outward
toward the outer skin of the door to get the right angle into the window
felt channel. I wonder if I would do better to swing the motor 180 degrees
and then reverse the whole assembly 180 degrees to get the motor and window
mounted toward the inside skin and the window riser towards the outer skin.
This would allow more swing room but there would be less stability of the
riser. Of course, the motor part of the assembly would remain solid. Since
the truck is due for upholstery next Monday, I have to get this installed
ASAP. Any help will be appreciated. Please PM me at this email and also at
wildwillygw@aol.com <mailto:wildwillygw@aol.com>  , my home email which I
will check tonight. Send a phone # and I will call if that works better. Any
help or comments are appreciated. Thanks

Grant