[oletrucks] Rear Suspension

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear Suspension
From: "James Hays" <thomasind@nventure.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:03:26 -0700
Again need to rely on the lists experience:

Soon I'm going to have to make a decision on the rear suspension for my
55-1st 1/2 T PU. I have ridden
in 3 trucks - all with stock rear suspension & know I will have to change my
55 due to previous back conditions.

Have installed bolt-in 75 Chev 1/2 T PU front suspension (  never driven
this truck ) with the decision of replacing existing leaf springs to include
nylon between leafs and shocks or going to coil-over 4-link.

No Limit Engineering has bolt in spring / shock replacement kits for $450 or
weld in 4-link kits for $600 that will also require I est. $250 arc welding
after I locate & tack with mig welding ( don't trust my welding on
suspension parts ). I don't mind the extra expense or time for the 4-link if
it would buy me any added ride comfort. At best 55 will be used for a car
with a big trunk - no serious hauling.

Been told both leaf & 4-link rears are great - please advise your hopefully
personal experiences.

Jim