[oletrucks] thanks for the primer help and another question

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] thanks for the primer help and another question
From: "Tom Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:48:04 -0400
Thanks to everyone for your help and input to my epoxy and etch post. It
appears that most everyone has a different method and I am sure they all
work great. After talking to a buddy that owns a sign shop with a paint
booth, he says he uses an epoxy primer and hasn't had any problems with
it. He said he would prime my fenders, inner fenders, grill, and
radiator support at no cost. He will also do the back fenders and bed
sides when that time comes. Unfortunately, I want be able to get my cab
in his booth, so I will have the guy that blasts it primer the cab.
I live on a dirt road and will be driving my truck regularly so I am not
sure a high dollar paint job would be worth it.

???  I was also wondering if any of you guys have ever seen a 55 and 56
fender that looks like it has been braised together across the inside
front corner? After I got my fenders blasted I noticed a line across
both fenders on the inside front. I have a picture of the fenders after
they were blasted, but I have a line drawn where the braise line or what
ever it is was at. Keep in mind that one of these fenders is from a 55
and the other from a 56, but the line was on both of them and in the
same place. I wish I would have taken a picture before I got them primed
but I didn't. Here is a link to the fenders with a line drawn where the
braise line is.
http://coopscorner.com/55truck/files-to-use/fenders.htm

Thanks for the input...

        Tom in SC