Re: [oletrucks] insurance

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] insurance
From: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 18:47:28 -0700
One thought on Hagerty and companies like them: I have a 1953 M35 which
the county converted into a fire truck a few decades ago. Hagerty
refused to offer insurance on it because it was not garaged.

The M35 IS a 'historic vehicle' so that might have been part of the
reason for the refusal, however on the MV forums I used to be active in
many people found that brokers or companies would not offer 'collector'
reduced rates if the vehicles were not garaged.

I finally found Gulfway Ins, an agency in Florida, who was willing to
write the truck for $350/year.  It sits behind an 8' fence, but Gulfway
was the only company that would offer anything less than a grand or more
a year for decent coverage.

    Paul