Re: [oletrucks] Best Parts Supplier??

To: "Kent S. Butler" <kent_butler@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Best Parts Supplier??
From: "Steve Hanberg" <Steve@oldsub.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 21:32:53 -0700
I've had the best luck with LMC Truck.

I've had some disappointing experience with Chevy Duty and was not impressed
at the way they handled problems.  I've not bought from them since they
changed names.

One thing to consider is geographic region.  If you wants parts to arrive
quickly you might have much better success with a vender who is closer to
you than one far away.

Chevy Duty never understood that if I order something Sunday and pay for
fast delivery I wanted it to ship early enough in the week I'd have it for
the following weekend.  Instead they always shipped Tuesday or Wednesday and
I'd get it the following week, meaning I'd loose a weekend when I could have
worked on stuff.

So I paid for UPS or FedEx to move fast but Chevy Duty never caught on that
if they were slow to box and ship I would be disappointed.  I went through
it a couple times with the same results.  They promised better service but
never delivered.  They offered me a discount on my next order, but when I
tried to use the discount it wasn't available.

Now I'm far enough away from Chevy Duty that they think its my fault things
get here slow.  When they told me that I got a little peeved.

Now I make a point of responding to every question about suppliers by
telling people what I think of Chevy Duty.

LMC Truck seems to get it.  If I pay for fast delivery, my stuff always
comes fast.

I care more about service than price.  Saving a couple bucks is nothing if I
pay with aggravation.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com